Welcome to the Chichester Planning Policy Consultation Portal
On this page you can access information about current and previous Local Plan consultations.
You can read consultations and view comments without registering and logging in, although you need to register to submit a representation.
If you wish to be notified of future consultations and kept informed of progress on the Chichester Local Plan Review please register via the link at top right of the page. Once registered you can choose how you prefer to be contacted, update your details and select the topics about which you wish to receive information. We will then use your details to contact you with relevant information - additional information on how we use your data is set out in the privacy notice which you will be asked to read on registering.
On this page, we have explained how you can comment on the Strategic Wildlife Corridors Technical Consultation Documents through the consultation portal.
1. You will need to log in using your username and password to comment. If you do not have an account, you will need to register to set one up. The login and register buttons can be found at the top right of this page.
2. To open the consultation document in a new browser window, please right click on the pdf link to the consultation document and click ‘open in new tab’. This will enable you to switch between the internet or web browser windows to read the document and input your comments at the same time.
3. To comment, please click on the speech bubble left of the link to the consultation document.
4. There is no word limit for your comment, however if you go over 100 words you will be prompted to provide a summary of your comment.
5. We are inviting parties to consider and submit evidence that may support, or otherwise, the three proposed changes:
a) The proposed inclusion of the Nutbourne to Hambrook Strategic Wildlife Corridor
b) The proposed amendment to the route of the Westhampnett to Pagham Harbour Strategic Wildlife Corridor, and
c) The proposed amendment to the route of the Aldingbourne and Elbridge Rifes Strategic Wildlife Corridor.
6. Please make clear in your response which proposed change you are commenting on. Please also state whether you agree or disagree with the proposed change(s) and, if you have technical evidence to support your conclusion, then please ensure you submit this as part of your response.
7. You are able to submit files as part of your comments for example pdfs, word documents, photographs and other types of file. To do this you need to complete the ‘your representation’ field, then click next and you will be able to add up to 4 files.
If you would like to submit more than 4 files please email them email@example.com
8. Please do not make comments on any of the existing Strategic Wildlife Corridors that we are not proposing to amend in this Consultation Document. The unchanged corridors are the Hermitage to Westbourne corridor, the Chidham East/Nutbourne corridor, the Broadbridge to East Ashling corridor, and the Fishbourne to West of Chichester corridor.
9. Please do not submit any comments relating to general issues regarding the Local Plan Review. If you would like to receive updates on progress of the Local Plan, and find out when the next round of public consultation will take place, please see information about this here https://www.chichester.gov.uk/chichesterlocalplan2035
firstname.lastname@example.org or via letter to the Planning Policy Team, Chichester District Council, East Pallant House, 1 East Pallant, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1TY.
Further help and information
For further help, please click onto the ‘help guide’, which will give you more information. You can also email us at: email@example.com with any questions you may have that aren’t answered here.
There are no documents here right now
There are no documents here right now
Strategic Wildlife Corridors
- Strategic Wildlife Corridors Technical Consultation Document Ended on the 10th September 2021
- Map 1 Proposed Nutbourne to Hambrook Strategic Wildlife Corridor Ended on the 10th September 2021
- Map 2 Proposed change to the Pagham to Westhampnett Strategic Wildlife Corridor Ended on the 10th September 2021
- Map 3 Proposed change to the Aldingbourne and Elbridge Rifes Strategic Wildlife Corridor Ended on the 10th September 2021
- Map 4 West of City Strategic Wildlife Corridors - Comparison of Preferred Approach and Proposed Changes Ended on the 10th September 2021
- Map 5 East of City Strategic Wildlife Corridors - Comparison of Preferred Approach and Proposed Changes Ended on the 10th September 2021
- Appendix 1 Barbastelle bats in the South Downs National Park Ended on the 10th September 2021
- Appendix 2 Bat Survey Report Ended on the 10th September 2021
- Appendix 3 Bat survey report Hambrook Ended on the 10th September 2021
- Appendix 4 Ecological data search for AL3 site Ended on the 10th September 2021
- Appendix 5 Water Vole survey at Reed Farm Ended on the 10th September 2021
Interim Policy Statement for Housing Development
- Draft Interim Policy Statement for Housing Development Ended on the 10th July 2020
Local Plan Review
- Local Plan Review: Preferred Approach 2016-2035 Ended on the 7th February 2019
- Schedule of proposed changes to policies map - Preferred Approach Ended on the 7th February 2019
- Sustainability Appraisal - Local Plan Preferred Approach Ended on the 7th February 2019
- Habitats Regulations Assessment - Preferred Approach Ended on the 7th February 2019